We're Hiring Now... Apply Today!
Patrol and Detention Deputies:
- Full Time
- FY2023 Wages > $68,203 - $76,387 DOE ($32.79 - $36.72 per hour)
- Grave and Swing Shift Differentials
- Specialty Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Instructor and Trainer Pay
- Narcotics Enforcement Team Pay
- Cash Certification Incentives
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Rotating Schedules including days, nights, & weekends
- Full Benefits
- Good Character and clean background are required
- Accepting Entry Level and Lateral Applicants.
Deputy Testing Requirements: All deputy applicants must pass a physical readiness test, basic skills written test, polygraph, medical physical, vision, and hearing tests. Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
Deputy applicants must be 21 years old, in excellent physical condition, a US citizen, possess or be able to possess a valid Idaho State driver’s license, and have a high school diploma or equivalency.
See our Detention Deputy and Patrol Deputy pages for more information.
Compensation Includes Full Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- PERSI Retirement System
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Time Accrual
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Wellness Program - 911 At Ease
- Air St. Luke's Family Membership
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plans
- Lateral Pay Scale
- Deputy Shift Differentials, Bi-Lingual, and Specialty Pay
- Available 401K, 457, and other supplemental deferred compensation plans
Applicants should possess superior communication skills, unimpeachable integrity, and a strong commitment to public service and the community that we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete a written application, oral board interviews, a background investigation, and a polygraph.
Deputy Candidates will also be required to successfully complete physical fitness testing, a written basic skills test, and medical, vision, and hearing testing. Physical Readiness Test Information Sheet
Control Applicants are also required to pass computer skills, polygraph, hearing, and vision testing.
Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
Federal Employment Law
The Blaine County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, and any other legally protected status. For more information visit Federal Employment Law