Do agricultural buildings require a building permit?

No and yes! No, they do not require a building permit, but do require a setback permit obtained through the building department if the agricultural building is located in an agricultural zoning district (A-20, A-40, R-10, and RR-40 in Blaine County) and they meet the definition contained in the Blaine County Building Code: "Agricultural Building": A structure designed and constructed to house farm implements, hay, grain, poultry, livestock or other horticultural products.

This structure shall not be a place of human habitation or a place of employment where agricultural products are processed, treated or packaged, nor shall it be a place used by the public." Yes, agricultural buildings do require building permits when not located in the zoning districts listed.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit?
2. Do agricultural buildings require a building permit?
3. How long does the permit process take?
4. Does my application have to go to the planning and zoning commission?
5. When do I pay for my permit?
6. How do I cancel a building permit?
7. What is a deposit for the final inspection?
8. Can I get an estimate on the permit fee?